Sunday, January 3

SUMMATIVE PROJECT #1 | BRAND AND RETAIL PROMOTION VISUAL ANALYSIS

Our summative project that I begun to talk about in a previous blog post, is a total of 2,500 words which is divided into three sections of analysis.

The first being a brand and retail promotion visual analysis. This analysis is split into two parts.

We must first create a double page spread visually analysing two adverts from two different market levels that feature our chosen example, mine being The Red Lip. This will involve discussing semiotic visual codes and messages of visuals, looking at key themes, comparing what is denoted and connoted and summarizing how the two brands overlap or differ in their narrative.

The advertisements I have chosen are from the market levels of designer and high street, are Chanel and Rimmel.


 
Both campaigns advertise a similar product, and have proved to be rather alike when I begun to denote both images. For example, both images focus upon a high profile female figures, Chanel being Kiera Knightley and Rimmel featuring Kate Moss. However after I had being to look further into these images and discover the connotations, they also prove to be rather different in some aspects, of which I will discuss within my final report.
 
The second element of the brand and retail promotion visual analysis involves us selecting two images of visual merchandise that feature our example.
 
I have chosen examples of visual merchandise from Pucci and an unknown source.
 
 
 
 Although I am unaware of which brand is responsible for creating visual merchandise for one of these images, I get that both are brands from a luxury designer market level. Both are fairly high scale, elaborate and detailed examples of visual merchandise, of which you would expect from a designer brand.
 
I looking forward to continuing this analysis of these images in my final report and sharing my creative process on this blog.
 
Until next time,
 
- A
 
Sources for Images -
 
Rouge Coco Advertisement - Chanel
Rimmel Kate Moss Advertisement - Rimmel
Emilio Pucci VM - windowswear.com
Unknown VM - Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alicia K Travis. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig