Monday, November 30

ALIEN ENCOUNTERS

This past weekend I decided to finally wend my way into town and visit the Contemporary, a place I have been meaning to visit since starting at university.
 
The exhibition that is showing currently is named 'Alien Encounters', and aims to question social norms and accepted histories whilst using humour to confront serious political and moral questions affecting individuals, communities and nation-states.
 
Here are some images I took whilst exploring the many galleries inside.
 
 
 


 
 


 
Some say that art is not about how it looks but the way it makes you feel. And Alien Encounters certainly left me feeling...odd.
 
My favourite piece of artwork however was held in Gallery Four, named 'Don't commit suicide just because you are afraid of death', by which the artist named Danai Anesiadou combined myths, biblical stories, pop culture and personal experience to create art on a scale which I have never experienced, throughout a whole room covering walls from top to bottom.

I cannot wait to visit the Contemporary in the new year to check out their next new exciting art exhibition.

Check out the Nottingham Contemporary's website here: http://www.nottinghamcontemporary.org/

Until next time,

- A
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alicia K Travis. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig