Saturday, December 12

NOTTINGHAM EATS #1

Aside from my great love for fashion, I also hold many other interests, one of those being...you guessed it, FOOD!

For a student who has only just finished her first semester at university I appear to have tried out a fair few restaurants in Nottingham, and feel as though it is only right that I share my favourite finds in Nottingham so far!
 
1. THE PUDDING PANTRY
 
Located just below Trinity Square, behind TK Maxx, you'll stumble across the Pudding Pantry.

I spend a vast majority of my time in here, and whenever anyone comes to visit me here at university I always manage to drag them along to the Pantry for tea and some treats.


The menu is an absolute dream, offering a vast range of teas, coffees, hot chocolates and delicious milkshakes, not to mention the range of indulgent cakes, unique desserts and a breakfast and all day pancake menu!

My personal favourites include:

1. Salted Caramel Brownie Milkshake
2. Iced Vanilla Latte
3. Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg on Sourdough
4. Cheesecake Brownie
5. Vegan Chocolate Cake



If you love friendly and enthusiastic staff, delicious indulgent treats and a cosy rustic interior, then you will sure will love the Pudding Pantry!

Check out the Pudding Pantry here: http://www.thepuddingpantry.co.uk/

2. BAGEL NASH

I love Bagel Nash because they serve quick and delicious food. When ordering from Bagel Nash not only do you get to choose your filling but also your own flavour bagel, making your own unique bagel.


If you're not wishing to takeaway food, Bagel Nash provide seating over two floors, which can be a great quiet place to sit and work over late afternoons. Not to forget that they also offer student discount, perhaps more tempting?!



Check out Bagel Nash here: http://bagelnash.com/

3. GEORGE'S KITCHEN

If I were to ever open a restaurant, George's is exactly everything I would dream it would be. 


Firstly the interior is beautiful. High ceilings, resorted pillars, a large centred chandelier, and a leather and wood seating complex, not to mention the beach hut seating areas which are individually named after various seaside towns!

Although the menu is predominantly 'Fish', George's offer various other dishes to cater for those who are not so keen on seafood, including pies, burgers and steak.

My personal favourite is the 'Fish Dog', a piece of battered cod served in a brioche bun with mushy peas, and your choice of fries.





George's desserts, also do not disappoint. Providing icecream in unique flavours, such as blue banana, black jack and chocolate lime, and other delights such as doughnuts, nutella and banana sandwiches, and chocolate and three milk pudding.


George's is by far my favourite restaurant in Nottingham, and with saying that, now one of my favourite restaurants of all time! It's most definitely worth a visit!

Check out George's here: http://georgesfishandchipkitchen.co.uk/

4. HOMEMADE CAFE

Homemade is handy being situated right near Ideas on Paper and close to Market Square. It's a small café and so popular that you often have to wait to get a table! Surely that's a good sign?!

 
I have not yet tried anything other than Homemade's delicious cibatta sandwiches. I cannot wait to try out their extensive range of cakes next time I take a visit which they display upon a chalkboard across a wall of the café.



Check out Homemade here: http://homemadecafe.com/

I hope you have enjoyed reading this different post on my blog.

I cannot wait to try out even more eateries in Nottingham, and who knows there may be another 'Nottingham Eats' blog post!

- A
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Alicia K Travis. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig